October 12, 2009

Waiting rooms: Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I never cared much for waiting rooms much. I know these places are setup to attempt to make a person feel somewhat relaxed while their vehicle is being serviced, while waiting on their appointment with their doctor, while waiting for a job interview. But, I feel these types of places usually make one feel quite the opposite of relaxed. I, myself, usually feel a sense of anxiety come over me whenever I am sitting in a waiting room. Not as much anxiety while waiting on my vehicle getting repaired. But, my blood pressure does go up when that estimate for my vehicle repair is more than I originally anticipated or want to pay.

Some waiting rooms does have it comforts. I sat in a few waiting rooms that make me feel like I need to take a nap in one of their chairs. Some waiting rooms do play some nice music while I'm waiting to meet the doctor. And, a few waiting rooms even serve some tasty treats while you are at their location. So, I really can't hate on the waiting rooms to much. And, I enjoyed the waiting room that displayed a huge tropical fish tank at their chiropractor's office. So, some waiting rooms do know how to make their customers/clients feel comfortable or distracted until their appointment time.

I was sitting in this waiting room area today at a Ford dealership while my vehicle was being serviced. I think I felt more annoyed with the other waiting customers that seemed to behave like they did not want to be sitting around me for some reason that made me not enjoy that waiting room area. I was wearing clean clothes; And, I showered for Pete's sake. What the heck were their issues, man? For the record, one of the customers did attempt to have some small talk with me about what was showing on the television. Taking my IPod to the waiting room was the best thing I did for your own sanity while having to sit in that waiting room. REMEMBER THAT FACT, ALWAYS!!! But, I still enjoyed the service that I received while I was waiting at that Ford dealership. But, I digress.

So, in closing, I do have issues with waiting rooms. Yet, I see the necessity of having waiting rooms. So, why did I write this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment