October 8, 2009

The single swimming lanes...



One can never enjoy a public swimming pool until one is able to finally use one of the single swimming lanes. Each day I go to the swimming pool at my gym, I have to figure out the best time to get to the pool area, relax my muscles in the jacuzzi, do some stretches in the pool area, and then wait to finally get usage of one of the single swimming lanes. Once, in the single swimming lanes, I am able to do some half laps under water in the single lanes which works my shoulders and legs for about 10-15 minutes. I usually swim the other half of the lap on my back to work my shoulders and arms. Overall, it a good work out.

Something about the solace of swimming in a single lane. No one bothers you. And, I enjoy the isolation feeling that it was just me against the water. I was moving through this water by my own power. And, I usually feel much better after a nice swim in the single swimming lane. The colder the water, the better my muscles feels during the swims. I believe the single swimming lanes is one of the few things that keeps my from thinking about any of the stresses that may be occurring in my life. I love the single swimming lanes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment