October 9, 2009

Acceptance

Not hatin' on anyone feeling like they need to be accepted to some type of club, organization, or something like that. I think I am trippin' on the reason why one would want to feel like they need to be accepted in order to feel like their life has more meaning to it. And, to that extent, it is still okay to feel like one should feel apart of something that is greater than themselves. Acceptance is one of the basic group necessities in our society. I guess that there are times that I also feel like I need to be accepted to some cause or something. But, I enjoy the fact that I also behave as "a loner" to some extent. And, my loner mentality is accepted by my fellow peers as a social norm to my way of life. They might agree with or always understand my loner mentality. Yet, they still accept that one part of me as a person.

For years, I been able to be accepted for the hard-working and dependable person that I have come to be known for throughout my career life. And, I know there are certain responsibilities that goes along with being accepted by group of your peers. I always strive to never let my peer down when they depend on me to do something. I attempt to be more of an asset than a hindrance in whatever environment I am apart of. And, I usually attempt to leave a positive impression with anyone that allowed me to become a part of their "inner circle". One can still keep their integrity without falling completely to the ideologies of another or group after being accepted by them.

There is always going to be a need to be accepted. There is always going to be a need to accepted by a group of their own peers. And, there is always going to be a need to be accepted in order to feel apart of something that is greater than themselves. Just keep in mind that the day you loose your identity after being accepted is the day you loose your individuality of being unique to your own mentality and personality. IF no one can accept me for who I am, then their acceptance of any kind is of no importance to me. No acceptance by anyone or any group is not worth loosing that special part of you are for such a superficial desire. But, acceptance is still a nice thing to have by your peers, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment