Ever since I first attempted to meet a woman that I envisioned to one day be my soulmate back in 1999, I still find myself single and still using the Internet to attempt to meet a woman that could one day be my potential soulmate. One can never be mad at those online dating sites for not being able to find their soulmates, yet. I laugh at myself for even being on such online dating sites, now. Somewhere along the way of my single life, I have lost the courage to attempt to find a potential soulmate through the old fashion way: Through the art of conversation. Sure that I have gained a lot of weight. My dating score may also be well below the national average in the State of Texas. And, I am not getting any younger with the passing years. But, I don't believe that I actually lost my ability to talk to a woman face to face in hopes of eventually scoring a future date with her. So why am I using those online dating sites? I really don't know why I am doing it. Maybe, just using those online dating sites to see if I am still being seen as an attractive guy to any woman for self-esteem reasons? Maybe, not sure, possible. One thing for sure, I don't believe that I am destined to be one of those single old guys wearing a silk jump suit at a nite club while trying to pick up young woman to hook up with. LOL. I just can't believe that will be my dating future. I still believe I will see a marriage in my future. It's just a matter of time.I am a single 41 year old guy. I have a college degree. I am working in a career that I love. My positive attributes definitely outnumber any negative ones that I may possess. And, I have no children. My life is not anywhere from be over. So why I am using those online dating sites to attempt to meet women. Well, my dear friend, the answer is simple: Most men and women fear the possibility of being rejected by the opposite sex. And, I am of no exception. Hence, the reason while a lot of single people are utilizing those online dating sites. Those online dating sites probably act like a "buffer" between keeping your feelings from getting hurt after meeting someone that may not be attracted to you. Those online dating sites may also act as a "buffer" from anyone that may began to start sounding a little "psycho" during your conversations with them. Either case, one can't really be too safe about meeting anyone for any reason these days including on those online dating sites.
Those online dating sites do have at least one positive thing about them: An informal way of potentially meeting new friends of the opposite sex where they probably would not have met otherwise. I met many of new friends of the opposite sex from those online dating sites. And, I can't be mad cause I have not met my potential "soulmate" from those online dating sites. There is a time and place for everything. When it is time for a person to meet their special someone, it will happen with or without those online dating sites. And, I am cool and patient with that fact of life...

No comments:
Post a Comment