October 22, 2009

I'm ready to get back to work...

It's time to return to work. I've been away from the job for much too long. And, oddly enough, I miss my workplace. Can't worry about the things that have occurred before I returned back to work. I can only attempt to catch up and move on with my daily work activities once I return. Still have to be more positive in action than negative. Still have to be more helpful at work than selfish. Still have to be more than I am at work than what others expect me to be. Still have to find the time to stop and help those that really need my help. And, on top of all of that, I still must love my career choice rather than just going through the motions at my job. Even though I have been away from work for an extended period of time, I believe that I am still the same person that had to leave work back in September 18, 2009. In order to talk the talk, one must be able to walk the walk. The best way to walk the walk is to lead by example. This is my mission once I return to work.

The time off has allowed me to look at my strengths and short comings. I managed to get my body to the shape it was before the June 2009 traffic accident at work. And, I now feel that the job can function without me. I am not the center of the world at work. I am apart of a much bigger thing. I work with a team of coworkers, investigators, and prosecutors that share a common goal while at work: To bring justice to our victims of family violence. And, to do that goal to the best of our abilities. To do anything short of that goal should not become a common thing for me to do. But, I should not be so hard on myself because I was not successful at all tasks or all things. Just need to keep at my craft at work cause my job is never ending and always evolving. This is the constant work atmosphere that I enjoy doing for a living.

And, this is why I'm ready to get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment