During the middle of my work day, I was given orders by my immediate supervisor and workman's comp to cease with all work activities and leave the premises. It is my understanding that I am not to return to work until I have been signed-off by my treating physician of my auto accident injuries and the Dallas County Health Department. I felt worst because of the coworkers that I was leaving behind. I felt like I had let them down by leaving work while we were in the middle of an important matter. For the first time, I felt totally useless to the coworkers that have come to rely on me. And, for the first time, I felt worthless. This is not me. This is not who I am.I don't know which is worst, the words of support and encouragement to keep my head up through this current hick up in my work life. Or, the feeling that there is a chance I may loose my job while recovering from my auto injuries. I am all new to this whole being out of work due to injuries stuff. I feel like I am stuck in limbo or something with no current end in sight until I talk with my treating physician. I hate feeling like I am not in control of the work part of my life. At this point I am rendered useless. How does one go on from here?
For the first time in my life I do not have an answer for that question...

No comments:
Post a Comment