There was a time when I thought I may have finally found the woman of my dreams during this current time I call my life. All she seems to have wanted is a man to trust and love. A guy to spend the rest of her life with. And, someone that did not treat her less than his equal. In a perfect world, what she was seeking out of a man was not an impossible task to do. Yet, due to our current circumstances, it appears that it may not be possible for us to be the answer to each others' needs. We met in June of 2008. We got to know each other there after. And, the potential relationship ended by August 2008. In between those times, I never felt as much respect and love with this woman. In between this time, I never felt so upset and disappointed with this woman. And, in it all, I still found myself loving this woman. I get it. Every relationship is going to have it ups and downs. Every relationship is going to endure hardships and pains. And, every relationship is going to cause a person to asked themselves if there could have been more that I could have done to keep the relationship from ending. I think so. But, as usual, I didn't.
Even months later, when we managed to hang out with each other, I failed to let her know how I really felt about her. I loved her because we worked well together. I loved her caused when had fun together. I loved her because, in a nutshell, she got me. I fell for her "hook, line and sinker", the first day I laid eyes on her. And, I all I have to show for those times, are a few photos from her, some good memories, and the feeling that I could have done more to keep her in my life. But, I didn't...
Is it too later to make things right with her? IF I had another chance to see her, I would think not. But, IT takes two to want to make a relationship work. If she moved on with her life, I would have to respect her decision. And, chalk off my loss as another learning experience. A hard learning experience of the heart. I can't stop thinking of this woman. Even with what ever problems that she has in her life. I just can't stop think of this woman that I have come to care a lot about.
I do not know how to get her memories out of my mind. But, I do know it must be done in order to move on with one's life. I once believed in the old saying: If you love someone, you let them go. If they come back to you then she is yours. If she never returns then she never was yours. Nothing is said more true about my situation with this beautiful, caring, enduring woman that I allowed to leave my life. And, only time will determine if this same old saying applies to me...

No comments:
Post a Comment