I lost my favorite pet in November of 2008. It was a hard loss to handle for awhile. It was to the point that I could never image myself getting another pet (let alone a dog) for a good while. Well, one day I was hearing noises in my back patio area. I just thought it was someone playing around with their dog cause it was barking from time to time. The barking had gotten to the point that it caused me to investigate where the dag barking was coming from. It was a surprise to learn that the dog barking was coming out of my own back yard. In my back yard stood a white and brown pit bull young dog. It came to my back patio sliding door when I opened it as if it has always been living in my back yard. Okay, now I am wondering what is this dog doing in my back yard. And, where did this dog come from. Since the young dog did not appear aggressive, I managed to coax it into my apartment. The dog was a female. And, it had a current vaccination tag around its collar. The vaccination tag belonged to a nearby veterinary clinic. But, the clinic was closed. So, I guess I have to wait til the next morning to find out the name of this dog's owner.
Meanwhile, the dog was very playful and would "sit" on command. the dog knew to not follow me upstairs and it understood to not enter the kitchen area while I was inside of it. Overall, the dog appeared well mannered and trained by someone. It did make my laugh when it sorta checked out my fake rottweiler pup statue. But, it did not attack it. And, the dog appears to be a walker. The only time the dog went to use the bathroom was when it was allowed to return to my back yard area. It enjoyed eating the dry dog food that used to belong to my last dog. It did not fuss much when I placed it inside of a cage for the night. I really enjoyed hanging out with this dog.
The next day, I was able to get a contact number for the owner of this dog, it name was "Lolo". It seemed to even know its own name. After speaking with the owner of the dog, it was discovered that the dog came from my next door neighbor. That would explain the little bits of dirt of its legs as if it crawled under our mutual side patio gate into my back yard. The owner was willing to give the dog to me, if I wanted it. I had to refuse the owner's offer when the leasing agents advised that no pit bulls were allowed at our apartment complex. So, the owner later picked up his dog to give it away to some one else.
From spending time with Lolo, I believe that my grief with my last pet may have finally past. I know my pet would have wanted me to move on with my life. Even if it will be with another pet. But, I still hope the fond memories of that crazy pet of mine, "Lacy". It took a runaway pit bull dog to make me learn that it is okay to move on with life with something new. It does not make me a bad person for wanting to move on in my life with a new pet. I think it just makes me more normal, again, I guess...

No comments:
Post a Comment